Every women wants fair and glowing skin. They use various types of cosmetic products to look good and beautiful. But they forget the fact that glowing skin is a result of having healthy skin which comes from within the body. So it is important to nourish the skin from inside. Use of cosmetic creams and lotions for glowing skin will only give you temporary results which will not last for even one day. Also remember heavily use of these products sometimes can damage your skin. Good news is that there are certain home remedies to get glowing skin naturally, which you can apply at home and have no side effects on your skin.
Home Remedies for Clear and Glowing Skin
Lemon works wonderfully well for treating skin problems like dark spots, wrinkles, blemishes, oil removal etc. Because of the amount of citric acid and vitamin c presents in lemon, it is very useful anti-tanning product and helps in removing dead skin cells and dark spots.
- Just cut the lemon in half and rub on your face and neck. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. Now rub cucumber slice for cooling. Make sure you don’t expose to sun with lemon on face. It can be done every day for better result.
- For exfoliation, you can mix two tablespoons of lemon juice and sugar and apply on your face and neck area. While applying gently rub in circular motion. Wash with warm water after 10 minutes. Do this once a week.
When you hear turmeric for getting glowing skin you remember your wedding days, where turmeric is applied on both bride and groom. The main reason behind this ritual is to get glowing skin. Turmeric has antiseptic properties which work to reduce scars and dark marks. Plus it gives the skin that light which makes it glow like gold.
- Mix equal quantities of turmeric powder, sandalwood powder and milk and make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face, neck, arms and hands. Let it to dry. While scrubbing in circular motion wash off with warm water. You will see instant glow on your skin. This remedy can be used every week for reduction of dark spots and facial scars.
Honey can be mixed with many products like lemon, milk and cucumber juice to get clear and glowing skin. Honey moisturized your skin and has antibacterial properties to treating skin infections.
- Mix same portions of honey and lemon juice and apply on your skin. Wash it after 20 minutes with warm water.
- For dry skin you can replace lemon with cucumber juice. Mix honey and cucumber juice in equal quantities. Apply on your face and neck area and then wash off after 10 minutes.
- Make a face pack by mixing one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of milk and small teaspoon of gram flour. Mix well to make a smooth paste and apply on your face areas. Let this face mask work for minimum 20 minutes, the wash it with warm water.
It will give you radiant and clear skin instantly. Use whenever you feel the need of it or when you are going to party.
Oatmeal are helpful in removing dirt from skin pores which soaps fails to do. Make a face pack by mixing enough quantity of oatmeal according your face with little bit turmeric powder and few drops of lemon juice. It will make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face and after it gets dry, wash it completely with warm water. It will make your skin clean and clear.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is an excellent product for resolving various types of skin problems. It has antibacterial properties which kill the acne causing bacteria, anti-inflammatory properties which give relief from skin irritation and astringent properties which reduce scars. Aloe Vera gel is a great moisturizer for skin and induces growth of new skin cell.
- With help of cotton ball, apply aloe vera gel on your face. Let it to dry which will take about 20 to 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Cucumber has so many excellent properties that hydrates, nourishes and cleanse the skin. It helps to get rid of dark circles by removing dead skin cells under eyes. Cucumber freshens up the skin and gives your face a fresh and cool look.
- Before you going to sleep, take a slice of cucumber and rub it on your face and neck. Continue rubbing for 10 to 15 minutes so that your skin absorbs enough of the cucumber juice. Leave it overnight and wash your face with water at morning.
- Alternatively, mix equal quantities of cucumber and lemon juice and apply on your skin. When it gets dry, wash your face with warm water. This can be done daily in summer season.
Papain is an enzyme found in papaya is useful for treating skin infections and helps in removing dead skin. Papaya is one of the best natural bleach that we can use to lighten facial scars. Besides, papaya helps to improve the skin texture and skin tone.
- Take a big slice of ripe papaya and cut it into small pieces. Know add one teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and honey and grind all ingredients to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck and keep it for at least 30 minutes. Wash off your face with cold simple water and apply some rose water with help of cotton ball.
Coconut oil can be your best friend when it comes to skin care. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties which take care of your skin from infections and fungal. Moreover it is a very good moisturizer for your skin that goes well deep inside the skin tissues and maintains the moisture for long period of time. Coconut oil prevents your skin from free radical damage also. Gently massage your face, neck, hands and legs with warm coconut oil for 10 to 20 minutes. It is better you do it daily before going to bath.
Walnuts has so many health benefits. To add to list it turns dry and dull skin to beautiful and glowing. Antioxidant in walnut makes skin radiant by repairing dead skin cells. Walnuts based face pack can be used to cleanse the skin by removing the dirt and dust inside deep pores.
- Mix same quantities of walnut powder and thick yogurt to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck and when it dries out, rub with wet fingers and wash off with plain water. This will clean dirt and oils from the face.
- Soak 3 to 4 walnuts overnight. At morning make a paste of walnuts by using manual grinder. Mix 1 teaspoon of rose water and gently apply on your face. Keep this for 30 to 45 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. This remedy can be followed once in a week.
Mint is known for cooling effects it has on our body. Mint contains menthol that has cooling and soothing properties, which helps to get relieve from skin irritations. Mint also cures some skin infections with its healing nature.
- Mix equal quantities of mint powder, yogurt and fuller’s earth (also known as multani mitti) in a vessel.
- Keep the mixture aside for 30 minutes so that all ingredients soaked properly.
- This will make a paste which is to be applied on face and neck area.
- When the paste gets dry you can wash with plain water.
- This face pack can be applied once in a week.
Mixed Fruit Pack
As we get to know above about some fruits which help on getting glowing skin naturally. You can also mix fruits such as papaya, avocado, cucumber any time to make a homemade mixed fruit pack.
- Take equal portions of papaya, avocado and cucumber pulp and make a paste by mashing them properly. Mix one teaspoon of sandalwood powder in this paste and apply this pate to cover all your face. Wash your face with warm water after 20 minutes. This will tighten your face skin and makes it to glow like pearl.
Juice of potato works like a natural bleach to lighten your skin. Squeeze some juice from 4 to 5 finely chopped potatoes in a bowl. Apply this juice on your face with your hands. Wash after some time with cold water. This remedy is to be applied daily for visible results because it works slowly but effectively.
Go and take part in La Tomatina festival which takes place every year in Spain, if you want to have glowing skin. Using tomatoes is the easiest way of getting fair and beautiful skin. Tomatoes help your skin by absorbing excess oil coming from open skin pores. Apply pulp of tomatoes on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse with plain water and it will leave you with pink and glowing cheeks.
If you are looking to get rid of dry and lifeless skin and turn your skin fair and glowing? These above home remedies will work well for you. These are effective yet safe for your skin and have no side effects. Follow these tips consistently for some time and you will see the change in your skin.