Dark Circles under eyes is a biggest cause concern for beauty conscious people. Dark circles are dark coloured skin under eyes different from natural colour skin of face. Dark Circles are not a major health issue but still a big issue to beauty of person that takes away the charm of face even make person look older and ill.
There are many reasons behind dark circles under eyes like anemia, heredity, lack of sleep, allergies etc. Here we will be going to discuss causes of dark circles and remedies to treat dark circles.
Causes of Dark Circles
Dark area under eyes may be due to allergies from various food products like fruits, vegetables and gluten. For this one have to find which food item is causing allergy and resulting into dark circles. Some time dark circle may be side effect of any skin cream or mascara applied on skin under eyes.
Anemia is one of main reason behind dark circles under eyes. Anemia is deficiency of red blood cells in the body. Persons suffering from anemia can get rid of dark circles by taking diet which is rich source of iron.
3. Sleepless Nights
Our lifestyle have changed a lot as we are not taking adequate sleep that is required to body for repairing of cells after performing full day activities. At least 8 hours sleep is required for proper functioning of body but we stay awake during night long times watching TV, playing games or working on computer so when we woke up in the morning without proper sleep result is tired eyes and dark circles under eyes. One can easily get rid of dark circles by having proper and adequate sleep.
One more reason behind dark circle is aging. Skin under eyes is thin and it becomes thinner as we grow old due to which dark circle become more noticeable. One can make dark circle less noticeable in older days by taking healthy diet because proper diet helps in keeping skin tight even you grow older.
5. Medical Issues
Some medicines can be reason behind dark circles. Skin under eyes is very delicate and some medication can increase the flow of blood through blood vessels under eyes which results in widening for thin blood vessels and making it more visible through skin by circles darkening under eyes.
6. Premenstrual Syndrome
PMS is one of the reasons behind dark circles under eyes. If one getting dark circle few days before period every month then PMS can be direct cause of it. To avoid getting dark circles or less effect on skin one has take healthy diet in form of green tea, reducing salty foods and carbohydrates rich food.
Suffering from dark circles one needs to check out with mother or grandmother that do they have suffered from such problem also if yes then this is hereditary condition of the family. In such case one doesn’t need to spend too much time and money to get rid of dark circles. One has to make efforts that dark circles should not be easily noticeable.
8. Nasal Congestion
Nasal congestion leads to dilated blood vessels running from nose to eyes hence dark colour of skin under eyes. One can get rid of dark circles by removing this nasal congestion.
These are major causes behind dark circles under eyes but there can be many more causes like bad eating habits, less water intake in a day, over drinking, excessive smoking, stress and sitting for long hours working on computer and laptops without giving rest to eyes etc.
Above we have discussed what are reasons behind dark circles but what is more important how we can treat dark circles and get rid of them. So below we are going to discuss various home remedies which can be used to get rid of dark circles under eyes.
Natural Ways to Remove Dark Circles Permanently – 10 Home Remedies
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin K so it can be a useful natural product to treat dark circles under eyes appearing due to deficiency of vitamin K. With regular use of almond oil on dark circles they can be made to fade out.
- Take some almond oil and apply it gently on dark circles under eyes to get into skin before going to sleep at night.
- Take a good sleep without removing the oil.
- Wash it off with water in the morning.
Rosewater is a natural remedy to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Rosewater has many uses like it is used to give feeling of relax to tired eyes by putting few drops of rosewater in eyes after long day working. Dark circles can be treated with regular use of rosewater on skin.
- Clean the skin under the eyes with cold water.
- Put cotton balls soaked with rosewater on dark circles under eyes and keep them placed for about 20 minutes. Make sure cotton balls have fully covered dark circles.
- Do it regularly to get rid of dark circles.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is easily available at home and it can be used as a natural home remedy to get rid of dark circles. Coconut Oil is very useful in getting smooth and wrinkle free skin.
- Take few drops of coconut oil and gently massage it on dark circles.
- Wash it off with water after keeping it for 3-4 hours.
- Do this process for two to three times daily to get good results.
4. Tea Bags
We all used to drink tea daily and many of us drink about 3 to 4 times daily. Tea bags after drinking tea are normally thrown to dustbins but these tea bags can be used to treat dark circles under eyes because presence of antioxidants in tea helps in reducing swelling and dilation of blood vessels under eyes.
- Keep used tea bags in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Take two used tea bags from refrigerator and place them on dark circles under eyes while lying down.
- Wash after keeping them 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do it for 2 to 3 times in a day for one month atleast to get positive results.
Potatoes can be very useful in getting rid of dark circles under eyes because of cold nature of potatoes and anything which can remain cold for long duration is good for dark circles. Presence of antioxidants, nutrients and starch in potatoes can act as a bleaching agent for skin.
- Take two thick slices of cold potato and place one on each eye dark circles.
- Keep them placed for about 20 minutes before washing it.
- Even juice extracted from grated potatoes can be used to treat dark circles.
- Take 2 cotton balls; soak them in juice extracted from grated potatoes.
- Place one on each eye dark circles and make sure dark circles are fully covered.
- Wash your face after keeping juice soaked balls for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Get positive results after repeating 2 to 3 times daily for a month or two.
Cucumber is most used natural product to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Cucumber is a natural astringent for skin. It is a rich source of vitamins like vitamin c and vitamin K, antioxidants which helps to get smooth skin and reduce the skin darkening under eyes.
- Take two slices of cucumber and place them on dark circles for about 15 to 20 minutes by making sure that slices gives cold feeling to eyes.
- Wash off the eyes and repeat it for 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Mix lemon juice and cucumber juice in equal quantity. Take two cotton pads soaked in this mixture and place it on affected area for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off the face with fresh water.
- Do this process regularly for few weeks to get good results.
Turmeric is an important ingredient of kitchen. It is used in most of vegetables cooked and eaten by us. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help in boosting our health. Due to these anti-inflammatory properties it is a natural home remedy for dark circles under eyes.
- Make paste by mixing pineapple juice and turmeric powder and make sure it should be thick.
- Apply this paste on dark circles under eyes.
- Remove this paste with help of damp towel after keeping it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do it regularly until get rid of dark circles.
8. Cold Compress
If dark circles under eyes appear after sitting against computer screen doing work for long or having sleepless night then they can be treated with cold compress. Cold compress helps to reduce dilation of blood vessels under eyes.
- Take a towel or cloth soaked with cold water.
- Place this towel or cloth on affected area for about several minutes.
- Do it few times in a day to get relief.
- Even ice cubes wrapped in cloth can be placed on dark circles to get rid of them.
Tomato is rich source of vitamin A, B and C, nutrients, calcium and iron. It can be used as a bleaching agent to get rid of dark circle under eyes.
- Make paste from tomato juice and lemon juice.
- Apply this paste on dark circles under eyes.
- Keep it for 15 minutes before washing it with water.
- Drink made of tomato, lemon juice and salt is a good remedy to get rid of dark circles.
- Take this drink few times in a week to get positive results.
Butter milk is a natural product to get smooth skin. My mother always used to apply butter milk on face rather than artificial beauty creams to get smooth skin. Presence of lactic acid in butter milk makes it a useful product to take care of skin and get rid of dark circles under eyes.
- Make paste with turmeric and buttermilk.
- Apply this paste on skin under eyes.
- Keep it for about 20 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Do this process regularly until you get rid of dark circles.
Some Additional Tips
- Take proper rest and sleep enough for at least 8 to 10 hours in a day.
- Sufficient intake of water and liquids to avoid problem of water retention which results in dark circle to become more noticeable.
- Always wear sunglasses when in direct exposure of Sun.
- Take diet rich of Vitamins, calcium and iron. Green vegetables really help in this.
- Try to quit smoking and drinking alcohol as both have negative effect on skin cells.
- Make exercise a daily habit.
Above all remedies and tips will really help in getting rid of dark circles under eyes but still you are facing this problem then surely make a visit to doctor for consultation.